Saturday, May 4, 2013

Blog Every Day in May

So this blog that I recently found (and love) is participating in "Blog Every Day in May".  It was initiated by another blogger that I haven't been following...but I soon will.  The idea is that I will blog every day during the month of May.  Obviously I'm slightly behind.  So I will try to make up as much as possible.  I'm doing this because I want to be more of a blogger, and since I have a hard time coming up with things to write about (sort of) I figured this was a great way to jump right in.  It's like in college when I'd be given a topic rather then coming up with one on my own...sooooo much easier this way.  Anyway, let's get started:

P.S.  Writing is all about revision.  I think any good writer will tell you that.  I was looking over past entries, and they were lacking the spunk and personality I intended.  So, I'm gonna start revising periodically!


ABOUT ME IN 250 WORDS OR LESS

I don't enjoy wearing make-up; the whole application and choosing colors is more then I want to do.  In my 20s I was able to get away with not wearing make-up, but now in my NOT-20s I'm starting to feel like my grace period is O-V-E-R. 

I grew up in beautiful and eventful southern California; Long Beach to be specific.  I went to school in Utah, and received my degree in English.  And yes I realize you're now looking at my spelling and grammar with a fine-tooth comb.  And my favorite book is usually the last thing I read.  And contrary to what you may have been taught, it is okay to start a sentence with "and"--although probably not three sentences in a row.

 I met the perfect man for me while working in South Carolina.  We got married a year later in the Los Angeles LDS Temple.  Our first child came two years after that.  I had a hard time adjusting to not having a job or being a "productive member of society".  However, I love to cook dinner every night, and I bake sweet treats all the time.  Exercise and healthy eating are important to me.

Scary movies are not my friends; even scary commercials will give me nightmares. I have many strong opinions on just about everything, but I choose to keep most of those controversial opinions to myself.

Life can be messy, but I love every minute of it--well almost every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.