Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: A Favorite Photo

A Favorite Picture of Myself and Why



First off, I don't know why the picture isn't that clear.  I really hope I have a clear copy saved somewhere on my computer...

This is by far the coolest thing that has ever happened to me: being pregnant, giving birth, and raising a child.  And if for some reason I'm not able to experience pregnancy again, I'll always be grateful I got to experience it at all.

The picture was taken moments after my baby was handed to me for the first time.  I had no clue what to do next.  I had a relatively easy delivery, I think.  From the time my water broke the baby was out about 8 hours later.  I pushed for what seemed like eternity, but then again didn't seem that long at all.  I clearly wasn't timing it, and the hubs doesn't really remember...he thinks about an hour.  My lady parts went through the ringer, and the pushing on my belly after the baby was out was more painful then actual labor.  But even now as I think back on the occasion I get emotional.  I would do it again in a heartbeat.  And I couldn't have done it without Adam.  It was the first time that I felt I really needed him; that he was my family.  

Leading up to D-Day I had this grandiose idea in my head that I would look perfect when I got to the hospital.  (The idea being if I looked perfect when I first got there, I'd look okay when all was said and done.)  At the very least I wanted to have my hair done.  But it didn't work like that--at all.  My water broke shortly after I showered (at least I was able to do that)...and my hair was completely wet.  I tried to blow it dry a little, but my heart just wasn't in it... ;)  I should point out that my hair is NOT the kind that can ever air dry and look okay--ever.

I love this picture because it's raw and real.  No make-up, hair a mess, blood, sweat, and maybe even some tears (Adam's, not mine...j/k...kind of).  It is my greatest accomplishment.  I always said, if I never did anything else in life I wanted to be a wife and mother...and now I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.