Monday, June 17, 2013

A Skirt on Father's Day

Recently, my grandma sent me a bunch of beautiful fabric.  I'm not a great seamstress, but I'd like to be--I figure the best way to do this is to just keep sewing, just keep sewing.  There are tons of sewing blogs out there, and I stumbled upon this one and decided to make the Hemless A-Line Skirt.  It was actually super easy, although I didn't find the directions particularly easy to follow.  But after looking at the pictures and reading and re-reading the instructions and using my own imagination, I was able to pull it off--I think.

I cut the pattern out, and measured it exactly.  The zipper was the hardest part.  I didn't use a zipper-foot, and I had to do a few of the stitches by hand.  But all in all I think it came out okay.



The top of the skirt has the same pink band around it.






And of course, one picture of my Lili-Bear waking up from a nap.


1 comment:

.

.