Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Since Sunday

Sunday I wasn't feeling that great, and decided to stay home from church to rest.  Unfortunately, Liliana stayed home too...she was supposed to take a nap, but she was up the entire time Adam was gone.  Needless to say, I was still exhausted and not feeling great.  After church Adam came home, we had dinner, then he had to go to a meeting.  I realized that Liliana had not been outside all day, so I took her to the library.  When we got there it was closing in ten minutes, so I let her play inside for as long as they would allow, then we hung out outside for another half an hour.  She had fun playing with random things...rocks, sticks, and dirt (her favorites).  We came home, she ate dinner and took a bath, and just as we were reading a bedtime story Adam came home.  He said "Good Night" to her and she went to sleep.....................And that's when the trouble began........................around 3 o'clock she woke up and she was soooo hot (it wasn't hot in the apartment).  We took her temp and she had a fever.  We changed her clothes and tried to get her back to sleep.  I ended up sleeping in bed with her. 
Yesterday, waking up from a nap.

This morning she decided to put crunchies, part of a banana, and her pacifier in that empty container.  I let her do it.  Whatever makes her happy!

So, it's now Wednesday afternoon, and she's doing a little better.  She doesn't have a fever anymore and she's starting to drink some liquids again.  Plus she's playing with her toys more too.  But she's still very cranky, and she'll cry at almost anything!  It's been rough on me and her.  I'm hoping this is all due to teething, (she's almost 1 year old and only has 2 teeth) but something tells me it might not be.  She's not showing all of the "classic" signs of teething--other than fever and diarrhea (which, by the way, I read are "teething myths").  She doesn't want cold things, and she's barely eating.  Maybe it's something else...........hmmmmm...I don't know.  If the fever returns tomorrow, I'm taking her to the doctor.  (I called them yesterday and told them her symptoms--they thought teething too).

Oh man though...I realize it is ROUGH on Miss Lili, but it is starting to take it's toll on me!  It's hard to watch your child in so much pain, knowing there's nothing you can do.  She just cries.  She doesn't want to be held, but she doesn't want to be put down...it's weird...and sad.  Plus, of course, she hasn't been sleeping well--which means I haven't been sleeping well.  Although, she's napping right now; the smart thing for me to do would be to nap also!

Hopefully she feels better soon, and pops out at least 2 teeth!  I miss my perfect, happy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.