Monday, September 20, 2010

Blueberries!

So as it turns out Adam loves, loves, loves blueberries! (This was one of the first things he told me when we met..."Hi, I'm Adam, I love blueberries." j/k) But he does love blueberries and until I met him I only liked blueberries. But since he loves them and I love him I've come to love blueberries too! (Not to mention they're one of those super-foods, so they're supposed to be extra good for you!)...Well, while we were in North Carolina there was alot of places that had pick-your-own-fruit...unfortunately we didn't go until close to the end of the season...so we onlygot to pick blueberries, which was fine with Adam, but I would have liked to also pick blackberries (which were the two fruits they had there.) Since our work schedule was super crazy most of the time we had to look around for a place that would be open at a time and day we'd be able to go. We found Dr. Young's Pond Berry Farm and woke up early in the morning to drive out there...it should have been about a 30 minute drive, but we got lost and it took almost an hour! But we had a good time picking blueberries!


And apparently for his birthday his mom usually makes him a blueberry pie! He was still in Utah during his birthday this year and I was in North Carolina; but I got a great recipe for blueberry pie and went to the store to get all the ingredients and I planned on making it for him as soon as he got to NC...well two months later I still hadn't made the pie! So I few weeks before we were supposed to go back to Utah we started clearing out our cupboards and refrigerator and we found two cans of blueberry pie filling. (Which I don't remember buying but the pie I was going to make called for fresh blueberries) I still had the pre-made pie crust so I made a blueberry pie with that and the blueberry pie filling. I added a sweet crumb topping to try to mix it up a bit. The result was super sugary and good pie. I wouldn't make the blueberry like that again, I'd use fresh blueberries, but Adam ate the whole thing!

1 comment:

.

.